Monday, December 08, 2014

Email of the Week: James O'Keefe - "I was detained by the TSA"

Posted by Douglas V. Gibbs

James O'Keefe tells us:  I made it to my hotel room in Baton Rouge at three am this morning so please excuse any typos. I'm still getting my bearings this morning.

Right about the time you'll be reading this, I'll be walking into a press conference to announce not just our latest video, but action we're taking that hones in on the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department.

Before I get to that, I wanted to share a quick personal story.

I typically don't arrange my travel to arrive at 3am.

But thanks to the fun folks at the TSA at JFK International, I spent 45 minutes officially detained as they searched my bags and "interviewed" me. When I asked to call family to let them know I would be late, I was told to put my phone down and an agent barked, "you're under our control now."

Even better, when they asked what I do for a living, I explained I was a journalist that investigates government corruption. They actually laughed at me.

I know I'm not alone in my experience with the TSA, but it really sets the tone for what I'm releasing today. Power . . . corruption . . . arrogance.

As you may know, years ago I was arrested after conducting an investigation into Senator Mary Landrieu's office in New Orleans.

They threw the book at me despite no crime being committed . . . not even intent.

The prosecutors in the case, with close ties to Sen. Landrieu, were later found to have committed prosecutorial misconduct in other cases by publishing anonymous online commentary about federal probe targets.

Two of my prosecutors, Jan Mann, a classmate of Mary Landrieu, and Sal Perricone were both barred from practicing in federal court in Baton Rouge due to their conduct.




Former U.S. Attorney, Jim Letten, resigned in the scandal. He was the longest serving U.S. Attorney in the nation. Letten had recused himself in my case, however, as you'll see in the video released today, he also had a chance toliterally, throw the book at me.

As it turns out, Project Veritas Action investigators uncovered two weeks ago that these same prosecutors had been posting anonymous online commentary in my own case!

Today, I'll be filing several complaints, you can see them here, BUT, this isn't about me.

Right now, our nation is being torn across racial lines due to the cases ofMichael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner in Staten Island, New York.

Eric Holder has announced investigations by the Civil Rights Division in both of those cases.

Regardless of your thoughts on those cases, we're announcing today that the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division should recuse itself from investigating those cases.

A veteran attorney in the Civil Rights Division, Karla Dobinski, was yet ANOTHER attorney who had committed "grotesque" prosecutorial misconduct that led to convictions of law enforcement officers.

Get this, Dobinski, was the leader of the "Taint Team" a component of the Civil Rights Division that was tasked polluting the public atmosphere on their active cases against cops.

She's now part of the team investigating Ferguson and New York.

We know from their record, the Civil Rights Division has no credibility to investigate police misconduct.

That's why we'll be calling on Holder to appoint independent counsel to investigate these cases, along with the roles of the White House and Justice Department and their actions that have created racial tension, possibly leading to the riots and destruction that we've recently witnessed.

You'll have to forgive my long message, but it required an explanation, as this is just the tip of the iceberg.

And now, here's a link to our video. Please watch it and spread this story.

I'll be following up with you with action we can take together in the coming days.

Thanks so much for your support.

More to follow,

James O'Keefe
Project Veritas Action Fund

P.S. Our video release today sets the foundation for misconduct by the Department of Justice and their Civil Rights Division that is investigating Ferguson and New York cases. Watch it here.

###

PROJECT VERITAS ACTION FUND IS A 501(C)(4) CONTRIBUTIONS ARE NOT TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.

1214 WEST BOSTON POST ROAD NO. 156
MAMARONECK, NY 10543

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: