Thursday, October 02, 2014

When It's All Over, I Kept the Faith

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I firmly believe that our country can be turned around.  I believe returning our republic to the principles of the United States Constitution is the key.  The Constitution, and the battle for independence, in my opinion, was directly influenced by divine Providence.

I am an optimist.  I believe with God all things are possible.  However, we must remember that it is His Will, not ours, that must be attained.

I fight the good fight because it is the right thing to do.  Either, we will turn this country around, or we will be like Cicero (provide a template for a future generation), or this is the End Times, and we know who wins that battle. . . but if that's the case, what a great witness as Christians that we still fought the good fight, even with prophecy standing against us, and the darkness of the future spilling into a wounded society.

When it's all over, all I know is I want to be able to say to the Lord,

"I fought the good fight.

I finished the race.

I kept the faith."

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: