Saturday, August 16, 2014

Keep Calm, and Return Fire. . . Denied at New Jersey Six Flags Park

By Douglas V. Gibbs

"Offensive" was the final verdict by a security guard at Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park in New Jersey.

The military in Mr. Christie's Garden State of New Jersey is a scary thing, I guess.

Here's the scoop according to Fox News:

Mario Alejandro, 33, of Woodbridge, said he was stopped while entering the theme park in Jackson on Saturday. The father of three, who took part in the initial invasion of Iraq in 2003 as a member of the Marines, said the T-shirt — emblazoned with the words “Keep Calm and Return Fire” above a red, white and blue machine gun — caught the eye of a security guard at the front gate.

“I can’t let you into the park with that shirt on. That shirt’s offensive,” Alejandro recalled the guard saying to NJ.com. “I said it’s not offensive, it’s a military shirt. I told him that I am an Iraq veteran … I served in the war. But he said: ‘I don’t care, you have to take it off … or you need to buy another shirt to put over it.”

Alejandro, who could not be reached for comment Friday, refused to remove the T-shirt from The Reconnaissance Foundation, a nonprofit group supporting Marines and their relatives, or to buy another garment, leading the security guard to call a supervisor.

“I saw him talk to two women in white shirts, who looked at me and then shook their heads,” he told NJ.com. “And then the man grabbed my arm and asked me to leave. I told them that it’s not offensive, that it’s a military shirt and that it means nothing. But they said: ‘I don’t care, get out of the park.’”

A spokeswoman for Six Flags Great Adventure told FoxNews.com that the theme park stands by the decision.

"We do not allow guests to wear T-shirts with images of machine guns in our parks," spokeswoman Kristin Siebeneicher said via e-mail." We apologize for any inconvenience we caused this guest, however we stand by our policy, which does not permit clothing with vulgar, offensive or violent language or images. Our goal is to maintain a fun, safe and family-friendly environment."

I guess my "American Militia" shirt with crossed AK-47s on the back would be unacceptable.

How about my "Celebrate Diversity" shirt with a nice, large variety of images of guns on it.  There's no "machine guns" on it, I don't think, unless the leftists now believe handguns now qualify as such (personally, I prefer my three revolvers).

I wonder if I wore a shirt with images of lots of scary looking guns that leftists call "assault weapons" (because they've had aesthetic additions to them - but are no different than my very boring looking hunting rifles), would get me kicked out?

We ought to organize a "Let's wear gun shirts to Six Flags Day" and see if we can get hundreds of people denied access, and then proudly go to Six Flags' competitors for a day of amusement, afterwards.

I want to wear a shirt that says, "Christian and Straight, and Proud Of It," and see if they think that is offensive enough to be denied access.  I would probably be stopped for being intolerant at the gate, as the guys with "Gay Pride," "F**k God," and a shirt insinuating gay sex on it would walk right through without incident.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

New Jersey vet says military T-shirt led to denied entry at Six Flags amusement park - Fox News

No comments: