Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rightwing, Racist, TEA Party Rallies

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Sometimes, I get ideas for articles, and jot some quick notes down because I am not in a position to write out the articles, but I don't want to forget the idea.  Then, the notes, when I get home, get placed on a stack on the left side of my desk.  Sometimes I use those notes, and sometimes some of them remain on that stack, until much later, possibly years later, I find those notes again.

The following was inspired by one of those old notes.

Rightwing Racist TEA Party Rallies

An individual overheard me talking to someone that I would be speaking about the Constitution at a couple rallies this weekend.  The eve's dropper said, "Oh, you mean those rightwing, racist, extremist rallies?"

I asked him if he'd ever been to a TEA Party rally.

He said, "Not on your life."

I told him the TEA Party is not a rightwing movement, or a conservative movement, or even a republican movement.  At these rallies what you see is American Patriots with flags flying, banners waving, and cheers erupting at any mention of the U.S. Constitution.  No this is no rightwing movement.  This is an American movement.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: